Just when you think you have your child figured out, they go and change! (This is called development.)
Until we learn why we do things, we cannot change. Until we learn better ways to parent, we will not change. By identifying specific goals, we can better understand what we are trying to accomplish and stay focused on effective and healthy parenting.
Within this framework, the parent is guided through a step by step process of coping with difficult issues and encouraged by focusing on building strengths.
- Strategies for parenting are learned, and the parent/child dynamic is changed so that the parents and child are on the “same team”.
- Values and motivation become intrinsically driven, not behaviorally or extrinsically motivated.
- Responsibility and resilience are encouraged.
- Respect for self, others, and belongings is gained.
Parents will feel:
- More energized as they are exerting less energy to constantly correct their children.
- More in control, as their kids become more cooperative and the overall dynamic is shifted to a positive and loving one.
- Closer and more connected to their children.
- Counseling Services
- Assessment Services
- Professional Development